In June 2017, AEW UK Investment Management LLP floated with a £80.5m IPO on the London Stock Exchange for a new real estate investment division, AEW UK Long Lease REIT PLC. Shares for the IPO will be issued at £1.00 and the trust will target an annual dividend of 5.5p per share. AEW UK Long Lease REIT PLC operates under AEW Global, an international real estate manager which counted over $60bn of assets under its management as of 31st December 2016.
Aim of the trust
Unlike some REITs it will invest in a diverse range of alternative commerical property sectors, including; leisure facilities, hotels, schools and care homes for the elderly. The Trust is “offering a secure, diversified and inflation-linked income return through exposure to alternative and specialist real estate sectors in the UK.” Investment in ‘alternative’ sectors is on the rise, with a report released last month by Knight Frank predicting an 18% year-on-year increase in 2017. Funds raised by the offering are expected to have been invested within nine months of the listing and will target unexpired leases that are over 18 years in length and have inflation-linked rent reviews. The company will also focus on investing in long-leases to generate predictable income streams.
Please watch the video below to find out more about the IPO.
- Target annual dividend of 5.5p per share
- Investment into alternative sectors, following recent trends
- Experience: AEW is among the largest real estate investment managers in the world
- Experienced management team who already manage the AEW UK REIT
- AEW has already identified a pipeline of investment opportunities
- Initial Placing and Initial Offer for Subscription opens: 17th May 2017
- Initial Offer for Subscription closes: 30th May 2017
- Initial placing closes: 31st May 2017
- Announcement of the results of the Initial Issue: 1st June 2017
- Admission and commencement of unconditional dealings: 6th June 2017
This information is issued by, and is the sole responsibility of SyndicateRoom and any application to participate in the Offer can and will only be made on the basis of the Prospectus, together with any supplements thereto.