Elizabeth Galbut is a Founding Partner at SoGal Ventures, the first female-led cross-border venture capital firm. Before that – and prior to finishing business school – Elizabeth founded A-Level Capital, the first student-led venture capital firm, which was powered by students from Johns Hopkins.
Before attending graduate school, Elizabeth was a consultant in strategy and operations at Deloitte Consulting, where she focused primarily on large healthcare clients. As well as her client-facing work, she contributed to business development efforts that led to more than $200m worth of new work.
In today’s show, find out:
- How Elizabeth made her way into the investing world
- How Elizabeth looks to establish pattern recognition as a recent entrant to the VC community
- What Elizabeth looks for in her co-investors
- What Elizabeth’s due diligence process looks like for prospective investments and how this differs from deal to deal
- What the hardest element was in establishing SoGal Ventures
- What Elizabeth would most like to change about the world of early-stage investing