We are recruiting
Below you'll find the current vacancies available at SyndicateRoom, both at our main office in Cambridge (UK) and our office in Lisbon (Portugal).
A little about SyndicateRoom
We believe that everyone should have equal access to sophisticated investment opportunities, and that the crowd should get the same deal as the professionals.
This philosophy first manifested itself in our ‘investor-led’ equity crowdfunding structure, which made it possible for the crowd to invest alongside angel investors and on the same economic terms. Since then we have collaborated with leading industry organisations, such as Gust and Wayra, to bring our members the best deals and, most recently, rocked the world of crowdfunding once again by becoming the first crowdfunding platform to give members access to public markets.
And we’re going to keep on pushing the envelope.
We have established a reputation for quality and are proud of both the service we offer and of the network of members who we serve, many of whom are experienced and successful entrepreneurs who have chosen to invest via our platform. This winning formula is facilitating continued rapid growth which has been further strengthened by our own fundraising campaign, held on our own platform, which hit its target of £2.3m in ten hours before overfunding to £3.1m.
Everything we do is in pursuit of achieving our vision of a fair, sustainable and transparent investment industry. We invite you to join us on our journey.
Location – Cambridge
Vacancies: One position available
This role will be based at our Cambridge office and may involve travelling to London for meetings and other professional commitments.
We’re looking for a marketing genius with experience in marketing to high-net-worth individuals and city professionals, who wants to join a very fast-growing company on its way to change the financial services.
Your challenge: to make SyndicateRoom a household brand for top-quality companies and investors.
The role will comprise supporting the senior team in designing and executing the marketing strategy and managing the marketing team to execute the strategic plan. This will include online and offline marketing as well as PR.
You will be responsible for
- Managing our brand, ensuring that brand guidelines are adhered to
- Delivering the marketing plan to plan and budget
- Ensuring consistent messaging across all points of contact
- Coordinating the marketing team
- Managing advertising campaigns
- Ensuring SyndicateRoom is represented at relevant events
- Managing our online presence
You will be a motivated and driven individual who has what it takes to work for an agile company at the vanguard of financial innovation. You’ll need to be flexible and a quick learner as the role will be very varied.
You will report directly to the CEO and will lead a team of about five to six people, including an investor relations manager, content editor, designer, digital marketing head, head of PR and company marketing executive.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Marketing management and brand strategy experience, preferably in financial services or technology
- Integrated marketing team management
- Must be able to work with the marketing team collaboratively rather than seeking to dominate every situation
- Achieving PR results (varied press sectors, public speaking opportunities, etc.)
- Delivering performance digital campaigns (email, PPC, social outreach, content publishing)
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Strong command of the English language, written and verbal
- Fun and hardworking with a fine eye for detail
- Experience working for a startup
How to apply
To apply send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Strictly no agencies.
Location – Cambridge
Vacancies: Two positions available
Closing date: 30/03/2017 – we will continue hiring on a rolling basis but intend to have filled available roles before the end of March
This role is ideal for a graduate or individual with one to two years’ experience (this need not be in finance or business specifically).
We’re looking for someone to join a lively young company in an external-facing role, working with small/medium-sized companies throughout the investment process on our platform. From preparation to going live on the SyndicateRoom website and through to closure, enacting transactions and maintaining relationships with portfolio companies.
This is a process-oriented role, so will suit if you have a great attention to detail and like to follow projects through to completion.
The initial stages of the process involve being the core point of contact for companies and liaising with lawyers, accountants, marketers and media professionals to ensure we have everything required for creating a strong online pitch to be opened up to our network of sophisticated investors.
You will have direct contact with clients from day one – though we’ll be there to support you – and will require excellent time-management skills, a knack for problem-solving and organisational flexibility. Expect to have a number of projects on the go at any one time.
You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest up-and-coming startups, reviewing their pitch to make sure that content about them on the SyndicateRoom platform is not only highly accurate and well-referenced, but also engaging and intriguing. No specific prior experience is required and we’ll give you all the on-the-job training you’ll need.
You’ll be learning and writing about industries and companies as you go, so it’s important that you’re a quick and proactive learner, and are able to articulate complex concepts. You’ll need a fantastic eye for detail and a creative edge.
There’s also a creative element – helping to film videos with the companies, and setting up stylish web pages based on templates.
You’ll also be in regular contact with a number of investors and so must love communicating with people and be able to maintain a positive attitude when under pressure. Listing on our website is a time sensitive process with a quick turnaround so being able to maintain a positive attitude under pressure is key.
There is plenty of potential for personal and career development for talented and motivated individuals.
- Critical analysis and quick learning – you will need to pick up large amounts of information quickly, and think critically about it. For example, you might need to learn about fuel cells one day and how sales distribution models work the next. You need to be able to get to the heart of what each company does and explain it well to others, and to think about what’s missing from the explanation by anticipating questions an interested investor might ask
- Independent research skills – you’ll often need to find out more about an industry or concept on your own to fully understand it, and to be able to source key claims Relationship and account management – you will work one-on-one with our customers and should provide fantastic service
- Document reviewing and project management – you will be responsible for ensuring the customer provides all the documentation we require and that it is to the standard we need, across multiple projects and deadlines
- Keen eye for detail – you’ll have responsibility for making sure that all the content you create is accurate, from reviewing sources of information and checking that financial information ‘adds up’, to checking (and re-checking) spelling and grammar
- Impressive writing skills – you’ll need to find the perfect way to word something to please multiple parties (although editing assistance will be given) You will help to set-up the deal pages on our website, and work with our back office systems, so should be comfortable undertaking ownership of the whole process from start to finish and enjoy the satisfaction of completing small projects
- Administrative support – you will use (and where you can, improve) our existing processes for managing company fundraises, including ensuring the appropriate checks are completed when a funding round comes to a close and that funds raised are transferred to the company in a timely manner
- Process support – you will help to refine and improve our ‘onboarding’ process for new companies, including providing feedback and suggestions, and even creating new processes
- Excellent communication abilities (both written and verbal)
- Superior attention to detail
- Highly computer literate
- Positive attitude
- Ability to spread across multiple tasks
- Experience working as part of a team
- Must have a good work ethic and be willing to learn quickly
- Must enjoy building relationships and working with people
- Experience/interest in writing and communications
- Experience/interest with Excel
- Experience/interest in video editing or creative design
- Experience/interest with basic coding (desirable but far from essential)
- Experience/interest in the finance industry
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter. What interests you about our company? What makes you suitable for the role? Include 200 words about your favourite business (this can be anything) – what makes this business so great in your eyes?
Location – Cambridge
SyndicateRoom is an online investment platform that’s been in the market for three years and is continually growing and innovating. Our aim: to help create an open and transparent industry in which everyone can invest on the same terms and have access to the same deals.
There is potential for personal and professional development for talented and motivated individuals. We’re looking for people who want to help shape SyndicateRoom as an organisation and be part of its future.
This is an opportunity for a Compliance Officer to join a collaborative, entrepreneurial business team that’s constantly challenging the status quo.
You will act as the named Compliance Officer as well as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
Qualifications and relevant experience
Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
A proven track record within compliance with anti-money laundering experience, and experience of monitoring and testing
Self-motivated and a willing to take responsibility and work independently in a fast-paced startup environment
Willing to work in a young and changeable FinTech industry, within a broad compliance role, suiting someone who has a keen eye for technical rigour
Assisting with the continuing development and improvement of the firm’s compliance strategy across its businesses, overseeing and monitoring key regulatory risks
Managing and owning the financial promotions approval process and working closely with marketing teams to develop compliant material. You will be responsible for ensuring client communications are subject to appropriate and efficient levels of control and oversight. You will need a thorough understanding of financial promotions regulations, and core communications skills in order to clearly and concisely guide the business
Being responsible for ensuring third-party KYC checks are effective; completing Enhanced Due Diligence; and conducting PEPs (Politically Exposed Persons) screening and adverse media checks. Compliance with regulations and attainment of client-specific processing requirements
Providing appropriate compliance monitoring plans and ensuring these are being followed
Maintaining upkeep of all compliance records and manuals
Managing and tracking information/data requests from the FCA to ensure timely and appropriate completion by the business owners
Assisting in developing and maintaining a cooperative and transparent relationship with the FCA
Assisting with the creation, sign-off and provision of regulatory training when required
Supporting the development of business processes, procedures and controls to ensure they are properly mapped to FCA and other applicable rules and regulations
Overseeing and monitoring risks arising from new products, and ensuring such risks are managed in line with risk appetite and policy
When applying, please explain how you fit the candidate profile, and give an indication of your salary expectations. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.