Does the thought of an errant line of code keep you up at night? Can’t stop proofreading movie subtitles? Do you see everyday products and think ‘I can do better’?
With us, you can do better.
At SyndicateRoom, we help fund world-changing startups and we love what we do. In just five years our small team has toppled giants, building one of the largest crowdfunding platforms in the UK.
And we want you to join us.
A bit about us
We believe that everyone should be able to invest in trailblazing startups, and that individual investors should get the same deal as the professionals.
This core idea led us to create our investor-led equity crowdfunding platform, which made it possible for non-experts to invest alongside, and on the same terms as, experienced angel investors. It has remained at the heart of our business as we've expanded into new arenas and products, including Fund Twenty8 – the world's first passive EIS fund.
But we're only just getting started. Everything we do is in pursuit of achieving our vision of a fair, sustainable and transparent investment industry, and we want you to help us on our journey.
- 25 days' leave
- 4% employer contribution to pension
- Courses/training where an employee wants it or needs it for personal development
- Plenty of fruit and snacks in the office, with great coffee too
- Awesome people and Friday office drinks
Using your personal information
Full stack developer
Location: Cambridge, UK
Type: Full time, permanent
What we are looking for
We're looking for full stack developers who can find efficient, practical solutions to difficult problems. Are you just as comfortable designing an API to extract useful information from a database as you are building the beautiful, intuitive interface our users need to make sense of it all? Are you willing to roll up your sleeves, to try a different approach to an issue, to continually build upon your previous knowledge and experience?
We have a small-team philosophy and set the bar high: fewer, high-quality developers can achieve far better results than a larger team of average developers. You'll be glad to know talented developers will be reviewing your code and vice versa and we try to foster a culture of learning and teaching across the team.
- Plenty of experience with at least one of: MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB
- Experience building REST APIs
- Proficiency with flexbox and grid
- Git (we use GitHub heavily)
- An analytical, problem-solving mind
- Ability to communicate well with the wider team
- Experience reproducing pixel perfect layouts
- Experience working with either MLab or Atlas hosted instances of MongoDB
- Command of the MongoDB aggregation pipeline
How to apply
Send a CV and short cover letter to [email protected]. Be sure to include an example of your work, for example by providing a link to your GitHub account.