Established in 2004, Envestors Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), runs Envestors Private Investor Club, a network of 1,000+ private individuals and 22 Family Offices looking to invest up to £10m in high-growth businesses, usually under the Enterprise Investment Scheme.
Envestors are corporate finance brokers who charge the company seeking investment 5% of the funds introduced (6% if from Jersey, Monaco or Dubai), plus a retainer (typically £4,750 per month for two months). Envestors do not operate purely on success only, but are happy to chat for free and with no obligation.
In 2013, Envestors facilitated investment of £15m in 23 companies.
What does Envestors look for?
- All sectors considered, except film finance, property, natural resources. Focus upon b2b product/service innovation.
- Investment size: £500,000 to £10m for established business requiring growth capital. £250,000 to £2m for early-stage companies.
- Valuation: Usually, a pre-money valuation under £5m, so there is the ability for investors to take 20% to 40% of the equity
- Balance Sheet: Positive net assets, excluding intangible assets. No Directors’ Loans. All payroll and corporation taxes up to date.
- Management: Experienced and committed full time management team (at least two people). Track record of successful business growth preferable.
- Growth: Businesses with high growth potential, as opposed to “lifestyle” businesses
- Tax: Qualify under the Seed EIS or EIS (preferable but not essential)
- Exit: Clear exit opportunities within 5 years
How to get in touch with the Envestors Angel Network
Phone: 020 7240 0202
Back to the Business Angel Network Directory