Deb Kemper is the Managing Director of the Boston chapter of Golden Seeds. She's involved in working on deal flow, membership, education and operations, as well as being an active early-stage investor, mentor and board member. Before Golden Seeds, Deb spent many years in management consulting at McKinsey & Company, where she served clients in the healthcare, energy and electronics sectors.
In this episode Harry asks:
- How did Deb make her way into the angel ecosystem?
- What caused the huge rise of Boston’s startup ecosystem?
- What are the required components for successful ecosystems to thrive?
- How important is intellectual property for Deb when considering a prospective investment?
- What advice does Deb give most often to new angels to the ecosystem?